2 Temporary Positions
Pay rate: 11.00 per hour
Facilitates and provides activities, programs, and exercise for youth participants ages 7-18 who reside in the YWCA Transitional Living Center (TLC) and in Rapid Rehousing (RRH). Under general supervision, works with volunteers, transporting children, organizing, implementing, and leading age appropriate activities in a safe atmosphere that promotes, caring, social skills, fitness and mental well-being and learning. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
* Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
* Works with volunteers and staff, learns curriculum for YWZones and determines other sports/play activities needed for children of the YWCA TLC.
* Transports children for offsite activities with the Supportive Services Supervisor’s approval.
* Tracks all activities to include but not limited to: attendance at each of the youth programming components, after school, evenings and weekends.
* Works to assure and guide volunteer support for weekend activities.
* Assures that each volunteer has secured YWCA background check and approved status from the Volunteer Services Director.
* Focuses on special assistance with children during evenings when Parenting classes and Life Skills classes occur for adults.
* Work in tandem with participants (mothers and youth) to assure that safety measures are in place and proper documentation is completed.
* Assures that all staff and parents are informed about the activities being offered for youth.
* Carefully prepares thank you correspondence for volunteers of activities with youth to be approved by Supportive Services Supervisor and helps to maintain the contacts list for all groups donating and volunteering with the TLC and RRH.
* Works closely with Scouts’ groups and student groups performing special projects.
* Coordinates birthday parties, holiday celebrations, and talent show for youth.
* Works with Supportive Services Supervisor to assure appropriate approval and oversight of special projects.
* Oversees volunteers involved in youth activities.
* Oversees and conducts YWZones classes.
* Transports youth for school related activities, First Tee, Scouts, sports events, and special outings.
* Provides needed oversight of youth when parents are engaged in meetings or classes on site.
* Other duties as assigned to include assisting in relief of front desk duties and willingness to assist with shift advocate duties as needed.
High school graduate or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Must be comfortable working with children of all ages. Must be willing to learn primary prevention models for children who have suffered trauma. Must work closely with Children’s Activities Representative and other Case Managers to assure special needs are met. Must be skilled and respectful in working with people of diverse cultural/educational backgrounds. Must have ability to be objective but caring when dealing with problems of others. Crisis intervention skills required. Additional training will be provided.
Prior related supervisory or lead experience preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain procedures, rules, and regulations. Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to interact at all levels Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred. Ability to employ tact and diplomacy along with comprehensive subject matter expertise in working with parents, staff and representatives of other agencies. Must be well organized and be able to handle multiple priorities. Must be able to work under pressure with constant interruptions. Must have initiative and work independently and autonomously when required. Must be able to make sound judgments, have excellent decision making skills, and possess strong conflict resolution skills. Must be able to operate personal computer and have basic knowledge and skills in MS Office software.
* Must acquire CPR and First Aid certifications prior to start of employment. Must maintain these certifications throughout employment. * Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision