Join YWCA for our 10,000 Steps a Day Challenge!
Starting Monday, February 1st, get moving and take your first steps on this journey with us. YWCA is challenging you to take 10,000 steps a day every day February 1st through April 30th. That’s right, we are challenging you to take 890,000 steps! We hope this challenge will promote movement, health, and physical, mental, and emotional wellness.
How will it work?
- Register using the form below! Registration is required!
- Starting on February 1st, use your smartphone, fitness tracker, fitness app, or your favorite device to track your daily steps.
- Submit your steps weekly here.
- Win prizes! Once you reach 50% of the goal (445,000 steps), you’ll receive a t-shirt. Make it to 75% of the goal (667,500 steps) and receive a special medal! Complete 890,000 steps?? Be entered to win even more prizes!
- Prizes will be designated by total steps taken. So if you take 5000 steps one day and 15,000 steps another day, you are still on track!
- As part of YWCA’s mission to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all, registrants will receive mile marker emails that represent important steps in history!
- As always, before you begin a new exercise regimen, please consult a medical professional.