Under general supervision, is responsible for monitoring of the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) Child Care and Summer Food contracts, and assisting in additional contract tasks. Assists supervisor and lead monitor in the development and application of monitoring procedures, conducts desk reviews, training sessions, site visits and other tasks related to contract compliance. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Schedules and conducts site visits monthly at assigned locations. Assures that management is informed of outcome and that monitoring reports are completed accurately and submitted to lead monitor.
- Conducts weekly desk reviews of assigned sites to include attendance records, meal production records and meal service records. Records all errors in meal tracking data base and follows YWCA procedures for additional reviews when errors are detected.
- Assures correction of meals claimed as appropriate based on outcome of site visits and desk reviews.
- Reviews time and inventory forms for assigned locations monthly and assures corrections when needed.
- Reviews all assigned claims data for food programs prior to submission to accounting for monthly billing.
- Reviews and verifies family eligibility and enrollment forms for assigned sites and assures that all new enrollees have accurate and complete forms on file.
- Assists in planning and delivering new staff orientation and annual training for Child Care and Summer Food Programs.
- Recommends process improvement and changes to YWCA Food Program policy and procedures as needed.
- Organizes additional data gathering related to the Food Program, including Ethnicity reports, contract renewal documents, and required posting forms.
- Remains current on new policy implementation initiated by TDA, and inform all sites when appropriate.
- Reports non-compliance of TDA Food Programs to supervisor and assists in investigations or corrective actions as requested.
- Maintains accurate time records of activities related to TDA or Non-TDA activities.
- Maintains filing system for TDA documents as developed by Lead Monitor and assists with record storage and disposition.
- Performs clerical tasks to assist in the administration of TDA or other contracts as assigned.
- Assists on the switchboard for the administration building as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or 60 credit hours college level course work, with at least 12 credit hours in Business or Accounting, or equivalent experience or training.
- Two (2) years experience in client service field or contract administration.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to relate to persons at all levels of the organization, as well as to providers outside the Agency.
- Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred.
- Must be organized and have numerical skills.
- Must be able to maintain highly confidential materials.
- Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented.
- Must be well organized and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work under pressure with interruptions.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft software including Excel, Word and Power Point required.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
- Must have certifications for food handling or be able to obtain them within 30 days after hire date.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision