Pay Rate: Hourly $10.25/hr
Transmountain Early Learning Academy
35 hrs. Mon-Fri (1 position)
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of clerical support, transportation and early childhood classroom teaching and learning activities at assigned site for children from birth to 12 years old.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance in the workplace is an essential function of this position.
1. Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
2. Assists Director and/or Assistant Director in :
a. clerical, transportation and classroom functions of a child development center;
b. supervision of programs and/or staff of the child development center as needed;
c. ensuring developmentally appropriate curriculum is implemented in all functional areas including, but not limited to, social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children from birth to 12 years old in a nurturing and appropriate environment.
3. Interacts positively with children individually and in small or large groups throughout the day.
4. Ensures a safe and healthy learning environment. May perform daily health checks of children and daily safety checks of indoor and outdoor environments. Ensures the healthy development of children through appropriate supervision of meals, snacks and rest time while providing positive guidance through discipline and classroom supervision techniques.
5. Maintains equipment and supplies required for appropriate curriculum and requests replacement as required. Orders and receives supplies as needed or required.
6. Ensures compliance with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) minimum standards and YWCA standards, policies and procedures.
7. Handles large amounts of money, including cash, checks and credit card charges. Enrolls participants in Electronic Funds Transfer when requested.
8. Answers telephone and responds to personal inquiries regarding programs and services, enrolls children in care and provides positive customer service.
9. Inputs and provides accurate record keeping and reporting including attendance records, receipts and deposits, statistical data, time cards review, USDA reports and contract reports.
10. Maintains child and staff files to include training documentation and copies of records sent to be filed in personnel folders at Human Resources.
11. Develops and maintains positive relationships with parents and participants through positive communication. Constantly interacts positively with parents, clients, staff and YWCA personnel. Conducts self in professional manner at all times in all interactions.
12. Once van-certified, safely operates agency vehicles of 15 passengers or less for program-related activities under specific and detailed instruction ensuring YWCA policies and procedures for transportation are followed at all times. Accounts for the presence of all participants to and from trip.
13. Maintains logs of mileage, destination, fuel and pick up and delivery times to and from program. Routinely verifies and recommends maintenance of company vehicle(s). Responsible to report any problems, difficulties, repairs, maintenance needs or violation of transportation policies and procedure immediately.
14. Keeps vehicle fueled; and ensures vehicle is clean, safe and mechanically sound at all times.
15. Conducts self in professional manner at all times in all interactions
16. Conducts and attends meetings and training sessions as required, including annual participation in required hours of training per TDFPS minimum standards, or the annually required hours for accredited sites.
17. Complies with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) minimum standards.
18. Maintains any required certifications and notifies supervisor of any change to personal driving record, including moving violations.
1. High school graduate or equivalent required.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Two (2) years experience in general office, clerical, data processing or secretarial position with one (1) year child care clerical or direct care experience; or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required.
4. Must be able to cope with emergencies and mediate or resolve disputes.
5. Must be able to make sound judgments
6. Must be a self-starter, have creative energy, and be enthusiastic.
7. Must take the initiative and be cooperative.
8. Must be well organized and able to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure with continual interruptions.
9. Must have a working knowledge of PC, data entry, and Microsoft Software.
10. Love of children, patience, stamina and flexibility required.
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at all levels.
12. Willingness and ability to follow direction from superiors required.
13. Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
14. Must have access to vehicle with valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
15. Must successfully pass in-house van certification training before driving company vehicles.
16. Must acquire CPR, First Aid/SIDS, DFPS background check, FBI fingerprint and food handling certifications prior to start of employment. Must maintain these certifications throughout employment.
17. If you have lived out of state in the past five years you are required to submit for criminal history and child abuse/neglect check for the different states you have resided in.
18. Must supply physician statement of current negative TB test and freedom from communicable diseases