Mabee- 10712 Sam Snead Dr. El Paso, TX 79935 – 2 positions (PT/FT)
University Heights – 315 W Schuster Ave. El Paso, TX 79902 – 2 positions(PT/FT)
Under immediate supervision, assists in a classroom for children birth to 12 years old with a variety of routine record keeping and teaching activities, child health, safety and developmental tasks and compliance with all policies and regulations.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Assists Teacher in implementing developmentally appropriate curriculum in the classroom to include the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children from birth to 12 years old.
- Interacts positively with children individually and in small or large groups throughout the day.
- Assists Teacher with classroom and record keeping in compliance with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) minimum standards and YWCA standards, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance in absence of teacher.
- Ensures a safe, healthy learning environment. Performs daily health checks of children, as well as daily safety checks of indoor and outdoor environments.
- Ensures the healthy development of children through appropriate supervision of meals, snacks and rest periods.
- Provides positive guidance through appropriate discipline and classroom supervision techniques.
- Assists in maintenance of equipment and supplies required for appropriate curriculum and requests replacement as required.
- Routinely documents observed development of each child.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with parents and participants through communication, conferences and by encouraging volunteerism and adult participation.
- Accepts guidance, coaching and direction by Teachers and other superiors.
- Conducts self in professional manner at all times in all interactions.
- May take over group occasionally in absence of Teacher.
- Conducts and attends meetings and training sessions as required, including annual participation in required hours of training per TDFPS minimum standards, or the annually required hours for accredited sites.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience working with and around children in a care or educational setting; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Willingness to follow direction from superiors required.
- Love of children, patience, stamina and flexibility required.
- Must be able to cope with emergencies and mediate or resolve disputes.
- Must be a self-starter, have creative energy, and be enthusiastic.
- Must be well organized and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Must be able to work under pressure with interruptions.
- Must be able to make sound judgments.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must acquire CPR, First Aid/SIDS, DFPS background check, FBI fingerprint and food handling certifications prior to start of employment. Must maintain these certifications throughout employment.
- If you have lived out of state in the past five years you are required to submit for criminal history and child abuse/neglect check for the different states you have resided in.
- Must supply physician statement of current negative TB test and freedom from communicable diseases.