Leads team on coordinating, planning, and executing special events hosted by the YWCA Paso Del Norte Region. Ensures high public engagement through strong communication and marketing of events and facilitates personal touchpoints with donors and sponsors. Works with team, CEO, board members, and committee members to maintain a high standard of YWCA events and deliver meaningful experience for guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively coordinates, plans, markets, and executes all aspects of special event activities forthe YWCA Paso del Norte Region including Women’s Luncheon, Juneteenth Gala, Annual Meeting, Walk A Mile in Her Shoes, and smaller donor and branch engagements.
- Effectively coordinates with supervisor and appropriate departments concerning preparation and finalizing details of special events including but not limited to venue, vendor coordination, arrangement of guest speakers, development of event program, development of marketing strategy and deliverables, and lead planning of event logistics such as registration, tickets, menu, AV needs, and coordinating work with event venue.
- With support of supervisor and CEO, leads planning meetings with supervisor, team, CEO, and event committee.
- Works with supervisor, CEO, and event committees to meet event revenue goals, both long and short-range, to accomplish the YWCA’s financial and public awareness needs.
- Works with supervisor to manage execution of sponsorship deliverables.
- Works with supervisor and team to create all event correspondence including sponsorship packets, guest lists, invitations, save-the-date cards, donor letters, corporate underwriting solicitations, acknowledgement letters, etc.
- Tracks event expenditures and revenue (including monitoring of sales, deposits, in-kind donations, and sponsor invoicing), and provides on-going financial progress reports for each event.
- Secures and negotiates quotes and contracts with event venues and vendors (space, accommodations, a/v, food, etc.).
- Manages key relationships with vendors, venues, etc.
- Communicates with all internal and external event stakeholders including volunteers, employees, donors, sponsors and participants.
- Secure in-kind donations for auctions. Manage all aspects of event auctions, including writing auction descriptions, assembling packages, determining bid structure, setting up auction platform, delivering auction items to successful bidders, and acknowledgments.
- Works with Director of Community Engagement for staffing of event volunteers.
- Manages and maintains promotional inventory and distributes items as necessary.
- Writes and submits all purchase orders, check requests, petty cash forms and reimbursement forms according to proper accounting procedures.
- Works with Development Coordinator to maintain Raiser’s Edge donor database to ensure accurate giving records and up to date constituent contact information.
- Plans and leads post-event debrief with committee members aimed at process improvement. Creates and maintains an event improvement document citing areas for improvement in the next event and any solutions to issues that arose during the event in order to prevent repeat issues the next year.
- Associates Degree preferred, or equivalent training in emphasis in public relations, nonprofit management, business, marketing, journalism, or related.
- Three years working experience in event planning, sales, or leadership role with high level communication and attention to detail.
- Previous marketing and social media responsibilities preferred.
- Willingness to embrace fast paced, high volume event logistics and fundraising role.
- Must be a self-starter and able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be an effective manager; lead by example, kindness and empathy, with a “can-do” work ethic.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills as well as an exceptional eye for detail.
- Strong writing and editing skills in English required. Spanish reading, writing and verbal communication skills a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to interact at all levels in a respectful, professional manner.
- Must be organized and flexible, with the ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy work environment.
- Hands-on computer skills required, including experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel and Zoom.
- Must have vehicle with required liability insurance and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be flexible to work evening hours, weekends and holidays when required.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision