Part Time (1) 20 hrs.
Under direct supervision, gives accurate and current information to parents regarding child care options, provides enhance referrals to parents seeking child care, and screens for child care assistance and wait list placement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
* Assesses and documents parent’s needs for child care, and guides parents on evaluating and selecting child care.
* Gives information on childcare options, defines types of care available, and provides enhance referrals to parents.
* Educates parents about child development issues and provides parents with appropriate print material and brochures.
* Perform best practices required for a quality assured Child Care Resource and Referral department.
* Screens parents for eligibility of subsidized child care or local initiative and scholarship funding.
* Places qualified parents on CCS Wait List and explains requirements of the Wait List.
* Enters and maintains required data, as assigned, into Child Care Services and NACCRRA software database.
* Attends and participates in informational and community events. Conducts presentations to community and business organizations.
* Prepares and completes program or parent survey reports on a regular basis for the department.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
Over two (2) years in field of human services, counseling, or eligibility determination (15 college credits may be substituted for each one year of experience); or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Excellent verbal communication skills required, including telephone and conversational skills. Excellent written skills required, with basic knowledge of letter formats and grammar. Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to deal with clients tactfully and courteously. Must be well organized and be able to work under pressure. Must be able to make sound judgments. Must be familiar with operation of personal computer and have knowledge of MS Office software. Ability to plan, schedule and coordinate work of assigned personnel required. Bilingual abilities in English/Spanish preferred. May be required to have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.