Under general supervision manages the entire recruiting and hiring process. Performs a variety of duties related to human resources including employment application processing, record input, record maintenance and reporting.
*Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
*Prepares for and attends job fairs and ensures the representation of the YWCA is received with quality customer service and excellence.
* Coordinates staffing efforts: screening applications, phone screens qualified applicants, interviews, presents job offers.
* Prepares and posts job openings weekly and addendums daily to the central job posting board and the YWCA website. Updates job posting sites by computer as openings occur.
* Receives and reviews internal transfer requests for qualifications and accuracy. Follows up for receipt of missing or incomplete items. Completes section of form related to human resources records for employees.
* Authorizes and places classified advertisements in newspapers and other postings sites.
* Answers general inquiries and assists with questions, issues, benefits feature, and completion of forms related to human resources and employment application status. Ensures excellent customer service to applicants, employees, callers and visitors.
* Reviews and authorizes job opening requests from hiring supervisors for accuracy and completion.
* Processes applications received on the web page daily and interacts with applicants for further information as needed.
* Makes decisions based on qualifications and pre-screening for referral of applicants to hiring supervisors for interviews based on procedures.
* Evaluates Hiring Justification Forms, makes decisions and notifies hiring supervisors of approval for hire. Ensures return of electronic or hard-copy applicant referral forms and status of hiring decisions for job openings and enters data into the computer records.
* Completes background checks and processes for new hires. Follows up on discrepancies and communicates appropriately to recipients.
* Coordinates new hire orientation. Prepares sign in sheet and individual packets for each attendee.
*Authorizes pre-hire employees to begin prior to New Hire Orientation classes. Ensures processing of I-9 documentation for W-4 information for these employees.
*Verifies invoices for accuracy and prepares requests for payments with accompanying documents for advertising, background checks, and other requests for payments as needed.
*Prepares and distributes employment verifications.
* Maintains Applicant Flow database for government reporting. Accumulates and inputs information for periodic reporting, including HR Activity Report and Applicant Data Flow Report.
*Prepares and files new hire personnel folders. Maintains files and folders for various human resources records related to employees. Files other confidential documents into folders. Purges and stores termination personnel files.
*Assist with HR projects as needed
High School graduate or equivalent required, related college degree preferred. Additional courses or seminars related to employment, benefits, payroll, and salary administration helpful.
One (1) year human resources, payroll, and/or computer input experience required. Additional education may be substituted for experience.
Must have knowledge of or be able to learn employment regulations including EEOC, ADA, ADEA, IRCA and FMLA within 90 days of hire. The ability to design and implement recruiting strategies. Must be able to handle highly confidential materials and information. Must have excellent verbal communication skills with ability to relate to all types of individuals at all levels in a courteous and friendly manner. Must have hands-on knowledge and experience of MS software including Excel and Word and be skilled at accurate and timely data input and retrieval. Must be well-organized and be able to prioritize work. Must be able to work well under pressure with continual interruptions. Must have ability to exercise sound judgments.
Must take initiative, be flexible, and work as a team member. Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish a plus. Must have access to a vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license and have sufficient liability insurance.