Pay: $15 per hour
Under direct supervision, monitors compliance of all Child Care Services (CCS) providers and provides support and technical assistance to contracted providers, Texas Rising Star (TRS) providers, and to facilities with children in the Children with Disabilities program (CWD). Provides support to the Quality Initiatives Activities (QIA) grant and related projects. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
* Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
* Serves as a liaison with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) for follow up and compliance with contracted CCS Providers.
* Implements and oversees procedures for recruitment of new CCS contracted providers with Child Care Services and the CCAA process. Completes required documents for provider agreement and provides provider orientation session to new providers.
* Assures that contracted licensed or registered providers receive and understand the Provider Handbook, including all updates.
* Monitors CCS facilities to assure compliance with CCAA procedures.
* Verifies compliance among relative care providers as assigned.
* Promotes community involvement with early childhood agencies for the advocacy of children in the community.
* Performs the assigned duties of a Provider Services Specialist such as: conducting TRS Annual visits, TRS assessment procedures, provides Technical Assistance (T/A) when needed, recruits new CCS providers, conducts relative care visits, monitors CCS providers for CCAA compliance, provides technical assistance through the help-desk, conducts follow-up visits on CCAA non-compliance or possible fraud cases and conducts follow-up visits for previous T/A given to providers.
* Makes presentations in the community or attends community events and fairs to promote the program, as appropriate.
* Maintains the required 30 yearly training hours from the hired date. Trainings must include, TRS Guidelines and changes, TWC mandatory trainings, Texas Core Competencies, and all Child Development based trainings.
* Performs assigned tasks for the department which may include but is not limited to:
1. Conducting training sessions or focus groups with childcare providers.
2. Maintains open communication with all providers through the provider portal and through email distribution, as well as via telephone.
3. Explains the Texas Rising Star Program to licensed and registered providers, and reports to the Provider Services Director when a provider expresses a willingness to enroll in the program.
4. Review of TRS files and assessment records or compliance visits.
5. Record keeping, procurement activity and communications regarding provider awards of materials and equipment.
6. Provides customer service on answering phones, filing, tending to providers who need to use the resource room, die cuts or lamination. Also provides customer service for relative care providers when listing application is needed.
* Performs assigned tasks for the Quality Initiative program which may include but is not limited to:
1. Communicates with providers regarding status of training sessions and provider registrations.
2. Tracks registrations, payment and attendance for each event.
3. Prepares training materials, packs and delivers boxes of supplies.
4. When needed, assists with on-site room set-up and registration during training event.
* Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development, special education, child psychology, educational psychology, elementary education, or family consumer science; or
* Bachelor’s degree with at least 18 credit hours in early childhood education, child development, special education, child psychology, educational psychology, elementary education, or family consumer science with at least 12 credit hours in child development; or
* Associate’s Degree in early childhood education, child development, special education, child psychology, educational psychology, elementary education, or family consumer science with Two (2) years’ or more experience as a director in an Early Childhood program with preference given for required experience with a provider that is accredited or TRS certified.
* One year experience of full-time early childhood classroom experience in child care, early head start, head start, or prekindergarten through third grade school program.
* Comprehensive knowledge of child care minimum standards required, with a working knowledge of the best preferred methods of organizing and administering child are facilities.