FAQs - YWCA El Paso Del Norte Region


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Do I qualify for Child Care Services?

1. You must live within the Workforce Solutions Borderplex counties: Brewster, Culberson, El Paso, Hudspeth, Jeff Davis, Presidio

2. You must meet the required participation hours. For a single parent must be working or in school/ training at least 25 hours per week. A two parent household, both parents must be working or in school/ training for a combination of at least 50 hours or more per week.

3. You must meet income guidelines:

Family SizeMaximum Monthly Income Allowed (185% of FPG)

How do I apply for childcare assistance?

1. Download a Wait List packet:

Waitlist Packet

2. Mail, FAX, or hand deliver to any convenient CCS location Mail: Child Care Services 1600 Brown St. El Paso, TX 79902 FAX: 905-225-0248

How do I choose a Provider?

Choosing the right child care provider is the most important decision you as a parent need to make. It is important your child is in a safe, well cared for environment, and is comfortable with the child care provider and teachers.
For more information call 915-500-7637

View TRS Providers Here

View All Providers Here

To assist you in your decision review the provider of choice child care record in the Child Care Licensing, a division of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, website. The information provided is may be useful in making your decision.

What are the different types of child care providers?

There are:

  • Registered family homes
  • Licensed family homes ?
  • Licensed centers

For more information:

Childcare Options