Under general supervision, develops the knowledge and skills of Child Care Services. Conducts community outreach and advocacy at local community events. This position is grant funded and continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
* Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
* May conduct community surveys or use other methods to identify community needs and resources.
* Interprets all Workforce Solution Borderplex programs and services to the community.
*Receives referrals for various types of assistance and promptly provides the assistance needed.
* Makes referrals to other Workforce Solutions Borderplex programs and tracks their progress in a timely manner.
* Assists in making partner appointments with other program specialists when required.
* Ability to learn and to properly use computer programs such as TWIST, Formstack, Database, and Cabinets.
* Uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail, and video call software to perform work assignments.
* Designs an effective presentation to conduct at various local organizations and events to educate, promote and recruit.
* Communicates and coordinates presentations and local events with the Quality Assurance and Training Manager.
* Ability to communicate with other Workforce Solutions Borderplex partners to gather and/or share data with them.
* Promote awareness of the services, activities, or events through various methods such as distributing flyers, informational material or setting up displays.
* Assist the community in completing forms and applications for Child Care services.
* Tracks and records data pertaining to community presentations and events.
* Prepares monthly reports.
* Participates in informational events as assigned.
Associate degree or 60 credit hours college level course work. One year directly related experience may be substituted for 30 credit hours of college level course work.
Two (2) years’ experience as a Community Outreach Worker.