Under general supervision, ensures the effective utilization of network management tools and applications to enhance system performance and minimize system downtime. Tests and develops procedures for problem management, disaster recovery and system and network changes. Manages and resolves issues for complex software data conversions and hardware conversions. Supervises technician staff. Provides high level hardware and software support for Telecommunications and Wide Area Networking Environments. Provides support for Routers, Mail Server, Linux Servers & Proxies, application servers, custom setups and operations and Telephone Network Lines. Plans, schedules, documents and implements assigned projects.
* Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
* May assist in the hiring, counseling, training, directing and evaluating of employees.
* Assumes responsibility for the department in the Associate Administrator’s absence.
* Provides technical supervisor support, guidance and training to technician staff.
* Maintains and secures all server and network component passwords and data encryption.
* Monitors and ensures backups and recovery for all systems and offsite data protection and rotations.
* Plans and implements all software data conversion needs to include the transferring of data from AS-400 environment into a Windows Environment.
* Directs complex network administrative functions, analysis, updating and troubleshooting, isolates problems, diagnoses, repairs, monitors and maintains all networked equipment, software and devices.
* Schedules and performs proactive routine maintenance for hardware/software, server drives, user lists and profiles, distribution lists and groups, file clutter and server component cleanup.
* Monitors and supports technicians with: IT Department database consisting of but not limited to: (Software licensing controls and distributions, software and hardware inventory, equipment surplus, component warranty reporting, vendor & contracts tracking, unit/user forms, ticket system and telecom lines); warehouse activity, reporting status lines, remote server and PC access control, technician statistical reporting, floor and patch panel plans.
* Updates, configures, maintains and supports needed changes for server antivirus and antispam programs, VPN, Internet, intranet, web proxy, web mail, routers, mail systems, Linux systems, emulation programs and SQL-based applications.
* Tests, learns, documents and implements new and future technology advances and/or changed network procedures or custom setups to maintain a stable network and telecommunications environment to include user hardware and software.
* Makes routine site visits and server component inspections.
* Provides technician guidance in current telecommunication systems, devices and lines.
* Plans, organizes and leads in hardware/software conversion, installation, de-installation, upgrades and configuration changes.
* Identifies and/or resolves circuit, telecommunication, cable and operating system problems.
* Develops and provides training, consultation and support to YWCA staff in the integration and use of networking environments, current and/or new software, custom applications, MS-Office applications and other open market software packages.
* Interfaces and consults with vendors for problem resolution and maintenance. Monitors and documents vendor contractual requirements for equipment delivery, site configurations, cabling, repair, support and service level agreements.
* Prepares, monitors and completes annual objectives in a timely manner; and develops and achieves budgetary goals. Monitors and documents daily operations of current network environments at various locations to include all user network activity; ensures network security and informs Associate Administrator of IT of discrepancies.
* Completes assignments utilizing available diagnostic tools, procedures and techniques.
* Requests and reviews complex quoting negotiations and transactions.
* Effectively documents and maintains proper record keeping on all high level network operations and ensures Technician Guide updating. Compiles timely requested network and telecommunication reporting and statistical data as assigned by Associate Administrator for IT.
Four (4) year degree from an accredited college in computer science or related field required.
Previous supervisory experience of two (2) years preferred. Five (5) years full-time experience in network installations and operations, network troubleshooting, network administration and supporting complex server operating system problems; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities along with a related field degree. CompTIA Network+ or CCNA certification preferred, but not required.
Must be able to install, configure and maintain Linux Servers/Routers, VPN Routers, Network Routers, MS Windows Servers, MS Windows Server Update Services, MS Exchange Server, wireless/mobile applications, and Workstations for complete network operations. Must be able to install and utilize MS Office Professional and the DOS command line. Knowledge and experience utilizing software distribution application(s) required. Ability to install and maintain Mail Server, Internet/Intranet and Web Server applications required. Must have experience in uploading, downloading, data conversion, Windows Network Operating Systems, databases, computer virus software, Ethernet, network devices, and telecommunication devices. Knowledge in SQL and Terminal Services required. Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and be on-call as needed. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective relationships and be responsive and supportive with persons at all levels inside and outside the organization. Must be well-organized and able to prioritize, multi-task and manage heavy workloads. Must be able to work under pressure with constant interruptions. Must be able to work independently and autonomously. Must be able to travel to YWCA locations as needed on a frequent basis. Must have access to personal vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.