Under direct supervision, performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties to support the Maintenance Department. Assists with tracking production, expense and inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance in the workplace is an essential function of this position.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Prepares purchase requisition, request for payment and backup documentation for quotes on items purchased by maintenance department. Includes request for purchase orders (PO) and verifying payment to venders with accounting.
- Maintains files and records to track vender payments, maintenance expenses and inventory.
- Provides accurate record keeping and reporting including supply inventory, statistical data, contracts and expenditure reports.
- Maintains preventative maintenance schedule and scheduling of recurring vender visits.
- Tracks projects, project deadlines and maintains database history for major repairs to all building equipment and systems.
- Prepares and maintains computer word processing files, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Creates and runs reports as requested.
- Acts as liaison between maintenance administration and YWCA programs and divisions.
- Assists Maintenance Administrator in the supervision of all maintenance work orders to maintain buildings and equipment.
- Assists Administrator in monitoring preventive maintenance program to assure that facilities and grounds are maintained in above average condition.
- Assists Maintenance Administrator with purchasing functions related to equipment and material.
- Assists Maintenance Administrator in maintaining all plans, specifications and warranty files for all facilities and major equipment.
- Recommends vendor selection in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures, analyzes quality, cost, service, specifications and other factors.
- Prioritizes requests and schedules projects for general maintenance workers.
- Technical School Certification or degreed in a related field preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in administrative or clerical work.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with good listening ability.
- Must be able to work effectively with sales representatives and suppliers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to interact at all levels.
- Must be highly organized, and flexible, with the ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy environment.
- Intermediate level of record keeping required; or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Hands-on PC skills required, including experience working MS Word and Excel software. Prior knowledge of maintenance tracking software a plus.
- Requires initiative, judgment, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision