Under general direction, the Maintenance Administrator is responsible for facilities, grounds, and equipment maintenance. Assists in the procurement of contracted services for maintenance. Budgets, schedules and directs construction of capital improvements.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Administers, directs and monitors operational aspects of all facilities, owned or leased.
- Directs performance of all maintenance projects to maintain buildings and equipment in working condition to minimize down time and participant complaints.
- Establishes a preventive maintenance program and monitoring to assure that facilities and grounds are maintained in above average condition.
- Oversees and routinely monitors the operations of the Custodial Services Department and responds to related matters, ensuring cleanliness of facilities.
- Prioritizes requests, schedules projects, and maintains database history for major repairs to all building equipment and systems.
- Assists in procuring contracted maintenance services as scheduled and maintains proof of insurance and compliance with contract terms.
- Coordinates and monitors all construction or renovation projects and installation of building equipment purchases.
- Maintains all plans, specifications and warranty files for all facilities and major equipment.
- Works directly with the Safety Coordinator to bring facilities in compliance with OSHA, ADA, City/County Health Department, fire codes and all regulations connected with facilities including pools and transportation.
- Recommends vendor selection in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures, analyzes quality, cost, service, specifications and other factors.
- Develops, implements and administers related procedures and Board approved policies and objectives.
- Prepares and monitors budgets, financial statements and operating data. Reviews expenditures and interprets reports on actual performance compared to budget monthly, taking corrective action to alleviate variances. Submits requests for payment and monitors payments to vendors.
- Participates in strategic planning. Develops and achieves divisional goals.
- Communicates with all levels of staff and public as appropriate to the job.
- Technical School Certification or degreed in a related field required.
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in facilities maintenance and building operations required.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience in a facilities maintenance setting is required.
- Knowledge of operations of pool facilities and Certified Pool Operation Certification a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of procurement for government contracts.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints building specifications, plans and warranties required.
- Must be able to negotiate and interpret related legal instruments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with good listening ability.
- Must be able to work effectively with sales representatives and suppliers.
- Must be highly organized, and flexible, with the ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy environment.
- Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented.
- Must possess creative energy, be a self-starter, require minimal direction, and be able to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Hands-on PC skills required, including experience working MS Word and Excel software. Prior knowledge of maintenance tracking software a plus.
- Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish required.
- Must acquire DFPS background check including FBI fingerprint prior to start of employment.
- Must provide personal vehicle with required liability insurance and a valid driver’s license without reimbursement from the YWCA.
If you have lived out of state in the past five years you are required to submit for criminal history and child abuse/neglect check for the different states, you have resided in.
Commensurate with experience