Under the Maintenance Administrators direction is responsible for facilities, grounds, and equipment maintenance. Plans, coordinates and provides leadership to general maintenance workers to ensure objectives are met.
Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law. Performance of maintenance projects to maintain buildings and equipment in working condition to minimize down time and participant complaints. Complete maintenance work orders from all departments on a timely basis by following YWCA standard operating procedures. Performs and oversee repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, sheet rock repair, painting tasks, etc. Assists Maintenance Administrator in the supervision of all maintenance work orders to maintain buildings and equipment in working condition to minimize down time. Assists Administrator in monitoring preventive maintenance program to assure that facilities and grounds are maintained in above average condition. Assists Maintenance Administrator in monitoring all renovation projects and installation of building equipment purchases. Assists Maintenance Administrator in maintaining all plans, specifications and warranty files for all facilities and major equipment. Perform duties of the company’s preventative maintenance program. Prioritizes requests and schedules projects for general maintenance workers. Recommends vendor selection in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures, analyzes quality, cost, service, specifications and other factors. Assists Maintenance Administrator with purchasing functions related to equipment and material. Ensure that all equipment is in safe working condition. Works directly with Maintenance Administrator and the Safety Manager to bring facilities in compliance with OSHA, ADA, City/County Health Department, fire codes and all regulations connected with facilities including pools and transportation. Checks for and reports maintenance and/or safety-related conditions to appropriate personnel. Recommends vendor selection in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures, analyzes quality, cost, service, specifications and other factors. Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment. Report major repair needs to the Maintenance Administrator. Communicates with all levels of staff and public as appropriate to the job.
1. Technical School Certification or degreed in a related field preferred.
2. Three (3) years’ experience in a facilities maintenance setting is required.
3. Knowledge of operations of pool facilities and Certified Pool Operation Certification a plus.
4. Knowledge of refrigerated air systems.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with good listening ability.
6. Must be able to work effectively with sales representatives and suppliers.
7. Must be highly organized, and flexible, with the ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy environment.
8. Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented.
9. Must possess creative energy, be a self-starter, require minimal direction, and be able to work individually and as a member of a team.
10. Hands-on PC skills required, including experience working MS Word and Excel software. Prior knowledge of maintenance tracking software a plus.
11. Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred.
12. Must acquire DFPS background check including FBI fingerprint prior to start of employment.
If you have lived out of state in the past five years you are required to submit for criminal history and child abuse/neglect check for the different states, you have resided in.
13. Must provide personal vehicle with required liability insurance and a valid driver’s license without reimbursement from the YWCA.