Under general supervision performs a variety of duties related to human resources including recruitment, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, processing employment applications, conducting back ground checks, data entry, record maintenance and reporting.
* Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
* Answers general inquiries and assists with questions, issues, and completion of forms related to human resources and employment application status. Ensures excellent customer service to applicants, employees, callers and visitors.
* Will provide coverage for receptionist and operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
* Posts job openings weekly and addendums daily to the central job posting board and the YWCA website. Updates UTEP, TWC and other job posting sites by computer as openings occur.
* Processes applications received on the web page daily and interacts with applicants for further information as needed.
* Receives and reviews transfer/promotion requests for qualifications and accuracy. Follows up for receipt of missing or incomplete items. Completes section of form related to human resources records for employees.
* Makes decisions based on qualifications and pre-screening for referral of applicants to hiring supervisors for interviews based on procedures.
* Forwards all internal promotion/transfer requests to HR Administrator for review.
* Evaluates Hiring Justification Forms, makes decisions and notifies hiring supervisors of approval for hire. Ensures return of electronic or hard-copy applicant referral forms and status of hiring decisions for job openings and enters data into the computer records.
* Completes background checks and processes for new hires including conducting reference checks. Follows up on discrepancies and communicates appropriately to recipients.
* Receives registrations from hiring supervisors for new hire orientation attendees. Verifies receipt of necessary documents for new hires from hiring supervisors. Prepares sign in sheet and individual packets for each attendee.
* Ensures all documents for pre-hire employees are submitted to begin prior to New Hire Orientation classes. Ensures processing of I-9 documentation for W-4 information for these employees.
* Places classified advertisements in newspapers and other postings sites.
* Coordinate and prepares for and attends job fairs and ensures the representation of the YWCA is received with quality customer service and excellence.
* Verifies invoices for accuracy and prepares requests for payments with accompanying documents for classified advertising and background checks.
* Performs clerical tasks and administrative support to assist the Human Resources department in filing, data entry, and other department tasks as assigned.
* Ensures personnel files are complete and in compliance.
* Communicates notifications and announcements of upcoming trainings. Maintains copies of records and distributes training certifications to participants.
* Prepares and files new hire personnel folders. Maintains files and folders for various human resources records related to employees. Files other confidential documents into folders. Purges and stores termination personnel files.
High School graduate or equivalent required, related college degree preferred. Additional courses or seminars related to employment, benefits, payroll, and salary administration helpful.
One (1) year human resources, payroll, and/or computer input experience required. Additional education may be substituted for experience. Must have knowledge of or be able to learn employment regulations including EEOC, ADA, ADEA, IRCA and FMLA within 90 days of hire. Must be able to handle highly confidential materials and information.
Must take initiative, be flexible, and work as a team member. Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish a plus. Must have access to a vehicle, possess a valid driver’s license and have sufficient liability insurance.