Admin/Remote – Commensurate with experience
Under direction of the Development Director, identifies and writes grants for to support the mission of the organization. Reviews grants, grant applications, compliance with funding and reporting.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
- Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Writes, submits, and manages grants to support the programs and mission of the YWCA.
- Researches funding opportunities for YWCA programs.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Develops program specific review/assessment protocols in collaboration with the program director/administrator and assists in the update of contract/grants forms, and related policies and procedures.
- Reviews grant reports that are required by the contract prior to their submission, examines performance claims and provides recommendations for improvement to program directors.
- Maintains proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of development department’s strategy.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborates with Development Director and Communications Manager on written fundraising solicitations.
- Collaborates with Development Director to compile annual report.
- Maintains records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Applies knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals; collaborates with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborates with other members of the Development Division on events planning and logistics.
- Proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and commitment to the YWCA mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Social Sciences, creative writing, or related field required.
- Two (2) years grant writing experience, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Must have proficient with MS Office Word and Excel, with advanced knowledge of Excel preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be highly organized and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously as needed.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance and be able to drive to multiple locations on periodic basis.