Under direction of the Educational Programs Administrator, manages all aspects of parent and family engagement initiatives, activities, projects, and grants/contracts awarded to the Educational Programs Division in support the mission of the organization. Reviews grant deliverables and ensures compliance with funding and reporting pertaining to Family and Parent Engagement and Involvement. Additionally, coordinates workshops, meetings, and activities for adults focused on Family Engagement.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Is committed to working as a member of the Educational Programs Leadership Team to assist the Programs Administrator in accomplishing goals and results.
- Designs and implements systems for the purpose of Family Engagement programming and learning opportunities.
- Provide family engagement best practices professional development for staff members.
- Observe programs, events, and presentations, as requested, and provide targeted feedback and strategies to support and increase parent engagement.
- Assist with adult parent crisis intervention and de-escalation as requested.
- Measure family engagement and participation using a variety of assessment tools on a regular basis.
- Consider parent data and work with leadership to make changes in both activity choice and engagement practices.
- Create and Lead the Educational Programs Parent Engagement committee.
- Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Create and annually update the Educational Program’s Parent Engagement Action Plan.
- Attend trainings and/or meetings as directed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Oversee implementation of Family Engagement curriculum in Educational Programs
- Collaborate with the SEL Coordinator to create SEL opportunities, workshops, and events for parents.
Bachelor’s degree in education, business management, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) years grant management experience preferred, or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must have working knowledge of government contracts, grants, grant management systems.
- Must have working knowledge of family engagement and parent involvement strategies.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and listening skills required, with ability to interact at all levels.
- Must be highly organized, able to handle multiple priorities, and able to work independently and autonomously as needed.
- Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work other than regular scheduled hours.
- Must be able to establish and maintain a positive community image.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure with interruptions.
- Must possess creative energy, be a self-starter, require minimal supervision, and be able to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to make sound judgments and possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Hands-on personal computer skills required, including experience working with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint software required.
- Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish a plus.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
- Must acquire CPR, First Aid/SIDS, and food management certification within the first 30 days of hire. DFPS background check and FBI fingerprint prior to start of employment. Must maintain these certifications throughout employment.
- If you have lived out of state in the past five years you are required to submit for criminal history and child abuse/neglect check for the different states you have resided in.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision