Rural Areas – Alpine/Presido
Under general supervision provides comprehensive customer service to all families needing Child Care Scholarships. Conducts eligibility for the states childcare subsidy program for those residing in any of the service delivery area of Workforce Solutions Borderplex area. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Obtains and verifies required documentation to calculate income and determine client’s eligibility.
- Assess and documents TWIST, CCS Database, and other platforms. Determine eligibility for each family requesting service within the service delivery area.
- Reviews eligibility of client for continuation of services.
- Calculates, documents, and communicates the assigned parent share of cost to parent and provider.
- Assures high quality customer service to parents and providers. Resolve customer service issues. If necessary, seek assistance from Parent Services Lead, Parent Services Supervisor, Associate Administrator, or Administrator.
- Screens parent forms for CCS eligibility and completes automated records pertaining to the waitlist as appropriate.
- Performs case maintenance including changes and corrections to case files as well as routine office duties. Updates case file data and tracking logs in the automated system.
- Assures that all client and provider information, data and files are kept confidential and secure.
- Counsels’ clients on their rights and responsibilities assuring that all clients understand and complete documents related to Parent Fees and Absence Policies.
- Provides consumer education on child care choices to applicants and clients, including those who utilize other Workforce Center services or express an interest in child care.
- Works collaboratively with the Workforce Center staff members to assure that customer service is available to all childcare parents or providers when not physically present at the rural office.
- Explains program services and policies and makes referrals to agency programs, other state agencies, and community resources.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Assures that all relative providers (listed providers) have current and complete documents in the client’s file and understand the requirements of the program. Provides guidance and information on how to become a listed provider through Child Care Licensing.
- Maintains a 95% accuracy rate in the calculation of income, parent share of cost, referral authorization, data entry, and the application review process.
- Coordinates work hours, workspace and clerical support with the supervisor of the rural Workforce Centers, assuring that work location and contact information is known to the site supervisor, Parent Services Supervisor, and to the CCS Associate Administrator.
- High School graduate, associate degree preferred, human services, social work or a related field.
- Three (3) years general office, customer service or administrative; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Good math skills required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required, including telephone and conversational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to deal with clients, providers and Workforce Partners tactfully and courteously.
- Must be well organized and be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to make sound judgments.
- Must be familiar with the operation of personal computers and have knowledge of MS Office software.
- Bilingual abilities in English/Spanish preferred.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance and be able to drive to El Paso or other portions of the service area several times annually.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision