Under general management direction, within the framework of CCS and Workforce Solutions Borderplex (WSB) Policies and Procedures, assumes operational responsibility for the effective functioning of Eligibility staff located at one or more CCS locations. Represent CCS and the child care program with respect to parents and other contractors. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
* Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
* Manages and monitors assigned program or department. Manages staffing assignments at assigned location(s), anticipating workloads based on historical patterns and specific programs that will generate increased child care requirements.
* Hires, supervises, trains, counsels, evaluates and/or terminates employees in assigned department. Involuntarily terminates employee upon consultation with supervisor.
* Assures high quality customer service to parents and providers. Resolve customer service issues. If necessary, seek assistance from Associate Administrator or Administrator.
* Assist in the maintenance of the CCS Database and Cabinets
* Implements and administers assigned department related procedures and Board approved policies and objectives. Ensures staff properly implements TWC, WSB, and YWCA policies.
* Ensure referrals received from Workforce Center and other community partners are processed within established guidelines.
* Works as a team with other Eligibility supervisors and Associate Administrator to determine over-all direction of unit and procedures.
* Coordinates with technical monitors and others, as appropriate, regarding remedial training to address documentation or areas noted for improvement during monitoring reviews.
* Compiles reports as requested by immediate supervisor.
* Ensures completeness, confidentiality and security of client records.
* Is prepared, during times of heavy volume and/or staff shortages, to perform duties of Eligibility staff (conducts client intake and eligibility).
* Works a week schedule designed to meet area of responsibility needs.
Bachelor’s degree in human services related field required, or two years (60 semester hours) college plus two (2) additional years’ experience in child care, education, or human services field. Six (6) years’ experience as a CCS Eligibility Assistant Supervisor may be substituted for the above requirements. Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the human service field required; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Prior related supervisory or lead experience preferred.