Under the supervision of the CEO, the YWCA Programs Administrator will lead and manage the Agency’s Early Learning Academy Division and School Age Division. This position will specifically perform duties related to educational programs and grants for the YWCA.
- Regular Attendance at Employer’s place of business and or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Leads the strategic initiatives aligned with the departments overall goals.
- Administers, directs and monitors assigned programs, operations and contracts in compliance with licensing, regulatory, legal or other contract requirements including the Early Learning Academies, School-Age, 21st Century, and STEAM Programming.
- Researches, purchases, and implements standardized curriculum for assigned programs. Responds to requests for new programs or sites.
- Hires, supervises, trains, counsels, evaluates and terminates employee direct reports in assigned departments. Terminates employees in consultation with Human Resources Administrator.
- Develops, administers and implements divisional procedures and Board approved policies and objectives.
- Prepares and monitors budgets, financial statements and operating data. Reviews billings and expenditures; and reviews, interprets and reports on actual performance compared to budget monthly, taking corrective action to alleviate variances.
- Safeguards YWCA assets by ensuring collection and depositing of all fees in accordance with Finance Policies.
- Develops, implements and administers marketing surveys, marketing plans, strategic and tactical planning, and metrics for assigned programs and operations. Performs market surveys and submits fee structure to Finance Committee for approval. Develops and implements various methods for promoting programs and services in coordination with marketing and communications staff.
- Serves as Staff Liaison to assigned Committees maintaining regularly scheduled committee meetings, committee binders, minutes, attendance lists and committee member lists.
- Submits periodic reports to Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and YWCA Board of Directors.
- Assures continued funding of early learning academies and school-age services through development and submission of proposals and grants, meeting of performance measures and compliance with contract terms.
- Maintains visibility in the community. Assures appropriate representation and communication with numerous federal, state, and community resources by members of the staff.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s preferred.
Experience: Experience in working in an educational setting. Experience supervising, engaging, training, managing, and motivating staff. Must demonstrate creativity, creative, flexibility and able to handle multiple priorities. Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills required. Able to make sound judgments and decisions.
Other Requirements: Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance. High degree of confidentiality and ethics needed. Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented, well-organized and be able to handle multiple priorities. Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports. Must be able to prepare strategic and necessary reports as directed by CEO. Must be able to work under pressure with constant interruptions. Must be able to work independently and autonomously. Must be able to make sound judgments, have excellent decision making skills, and possess strong conflict resolution skills. Must have working knowledge of operation of personal computer and MS Office software, as well as experience with human resources-related software applications.