Under general supervision, based on the organizations strategic plan and objectives, will map out and coordinate the activities for the design, development, and execution of YWCA’s company’s database and software applications. Responsible for the maintenance, support, and upgrading of existing applications. Apply communication and analytical skills and knowledge of best practices to navigate the team on problems related to the applications development. Acts as a technical and subject matter expert throughout the lifecycle of all assigned applications.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Ensure that development projects match business needs and requirements.
- Has technical expertise regarding data models, database design, database development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Manage and direct procedures for the application development team towards their utilization for business operations.
- Obtains on-going knowledge of organizations’ structure, programs, operations, fees offered, policy and procedures prior to program design, configuration and maintenance.
- Updates, according to policies and procedures, customized programs for existing and new software for various departments agency wide to increase their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Conducts regular software application training to new and existing employees.
- Develops a variety of applications, procedures, reports, scripts, code, queries and/or interfaces. for agency wide applications.
- Removes corrupted data and fixes coding errors and related problems.
- Performs analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Researches new and current technologies and software needed to replace existing software and takes the lead in the development and implementation of new software acquired.
- Participates in hardware/software testing and prototype processes to validate software functionality.
- Seeks problem resolutions using all available internal and external resources, support lines, contracted resources and assigned training.
- Provides documentation/project tracking and reporting.
- Identifies and develops solutions for departmental/user process malfunctions utilizing programming methods, existing software solutions and/or developing manual processes and procedures.
- Set up employee security access by function in all software programs.
- Researches and tests viability with agency website functions to solve organizational growth needs.
- Ensures Software License compliancy within the organization in accord with programming needs.
- Maintains both manual and automated materials with user access to Intranet documentation.
- Validates data storage needs based on database growth.
- Designs and provides scheduling of needed software courses and training guides to assist staff in organizational applications, custom software and procedures.
- Performs necessary database/program restorations.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer related field required..
- At least two to three (2/3) years’ extensive experience in application development and support conversions and/or maintaining automated programs required.
- Data Analyst certification preferred. (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Analytics, SAS Data Analytics, etc)
- Must be experienced in MS-Access programming, Crystal Reporting, and SQL knowledge required.
- Ability to think logically in solving problems assigned and/or in graphic form.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing data-sets.
- Must have broad knowledge of business data analysis and data processing concepts.
- Must be able to utilize MS-Windows Operating Systems (version 8 through 11), MS-Office Pro and O365., E-Mail, , Windows Server Operating Systems, and ability to work with database design and administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain effective relationships and be responsive and supportive with persons at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Must be well-organized and able to prioritize, multi-task and manage heavy workloads.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and be on-call as needed.
- Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented.
- Must be able to work under pressure with interruptions.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously.
- Must be able to make sound judgments and have excellent decision making skills.
- Must be able to travel throughout the region as needed.
- Must have access to personal vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision