Under immediate supervision, performs varied duties to provide clerical support to the eligibility, finance and provider management functions. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position.
* Performs varied clerical support duties as assigned such as typing, filing, and answering the telephone.
* May enter data in automated system and verifies accuracy and/or reconciles totals.
* May provide explanations to parents and/or providers.
* May contact parents and/or providers to update and document appropriate records.
* May receive and document concerns of parents and/or providers.
* Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
* Interprets YWCA purpose, imperative and mission to staff and public.
* Follows all YWCA policies and procedures, including safety procedures, at all times.
* Responsible for all equipment, supplies, documents and materials related to job.
* Communicates all problems and questions to supervisor.
* Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations.
*Communicates with all levels of staff and public as appropriate to the job.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
Three (3) years experience in clerical, accounting, or other service position; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must possess hands-on basic PC skills including working knowledge of MS Office software. Working knowledge of accepted office procedures required. Bilingual abilities in English/Spanish preferred. Must possess good telephone, conversation and written communication skills. Requires initiative, diplomacy, good judgment, persuasion. Requires ability to work under pressure.