March 18, 2020
Dear YWCA Parents and Families,
While school districts and some organizations have shut down, many others remain open. This means families who still have to work need somewhere to take their children. YWCA has become the childcare provider of choice for several entities, including the City of El Paso because of the quality of care we provide and our commitment to the El Paso community. YWCA’s top priority is the safety of the children in our care and we are taking every precaution for the health and safety of our students. We have adopted guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics pandemic plan, as well as recommendations from Texas Health and Human Services. With that in mind, the following precautions are being implemented, effective immediately:
- We will take the temperature of every child and their parent(s) before admitting children to our program
- Parents will only be allowed to drop off and pick up children at the entrance to the academy. Only one parent will be allowed for pick up/drop off
- We are continuously sanitizing toys, surfaces, door handles, etc.
- We have removed plush toys and other toys that cannot be frequently disinfected
- We are teaching children social distancing and proper handwashing
- Children are discouraged from any contact, including high fives
- Students are learning ways to greet each other without touching
- Children are continuously washing their hands, following CDC guidelines on proper handwashing
- As we receive more information from the Department of Public Health and other entities, we will implement those recommendations and guidelines
We are also asking that you and your children not visit any YWCA program if either of you are experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or a fever; or in the previous 14 days you have had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19; is under investigation for COVID-19; or is ill with a respiratory illness; or in the previous 14 days you have traveled internationally to countries with widespread, sustained community transmission.
The most current information regarding YWCA openings or closures will be displayed on the main page at www.ywcaelpaso.org. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to share them with your program director or by contacting our Program Manager, Wendy Cunyus, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your understanding of these new guidelines and procedures. We hope you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe!
YWCA Senior Program Administrator