Under general senior management supervision, coordinates and administers assigned areas of the Child Care Services program to assure quality child care services delivery in six counties of the Workforce Solutions Borderplex area. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Directs and monitors assigned programs, departments and/or operations.
- Hires, supervises, trains, counsels, evaluates and terminates employee direct reports in assigned departments. Involuntarily terminates employee upon consultation with administrator and human resources officer.
- Ensures that TWC/WSB and YWCA policies and procedures are correctly implemented and administered as they pertain to assigned areas. Implements and administers Board approved objectives.
- Documents Local Operating Procedures (LOP) for assigned programs.
- Assists in preparation and monitoring of budgets, financial statements and operating data. Reviews billings and expenditures; and reviews, interprets and reports on actual performance compared to budget monthly, recommending corrective action to alleviate variances.
- Assist in the maintenance of the CCS Database and Cabinets.
- Assures high quality customer service to parents and providers through supervision of assigned departments.
- Directs intake activity to assure appropriate enrollment levels.
- Develops and updates forms and information letters as needed to reflect changes in policies and procedures. Serves as liaison with programmer/trainer to assure continued updates to assigned databases.
- Performs funds management as assigned.
- Serves as a liaison between CCS and the Workforce Solutions Career Centers and assures high quality service is provided to Workforce contractors.
- Conducts monthly monitoring as assigned.
- Prepares reports as needed by the WSB, TWC, YWCA and CCS department.
- Assists in implementation and monitoring of marketing plans, tactical and strategic plans, and metrics for assigned programs and operations.
- Works a week schedule designed to meet area of responsibility needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years’ direct experience in management and working with the public including supervisory experience with multiple departments and/or contracts required, or any combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience in administration of a budget and ability to direct large staff essential.
- Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented.
- Must be well organized and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to interact at all levels.
- Must be able to work under pressure with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously.
- Must be able to make sound judgments, have excellent decision making skills, and possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Must be familiar with operation of personal computer and have knowledge of MS Office software.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision