Under direct supervision, assists the Eligibility Supervisor in managing the functions of and in overseeing the successful operation of parent services, including clerical support. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance in the workplace is an essential function of this position.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Assists Eligibility Supervisor in reaching departmental goals.
- Trains, supervises, and assists in hiring department staff at assigned worksites. Creates training opportunities for all staff in department.
- Assures high quality customer service to parents and providers. Resolve customer service issues. If necessary, seek assistance of supervisor, Associate Administrator, or Administrator.
- Assists in the maintenance of the CCS Database.
- Reviews and monitors scheduling for eligibility. Adjusts staff schedule as necessary.
- Reviews and monitors completion of tasks in the CCS Database.
- Monitors staff to ensure timely completion of workload and corrections of case files.
- Assures confidentiality and security for all electronic and paper records within Eligibility Department.
- Acts on behalf of Eligibility Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Answers eligibility questions or other policy-related questions raised by Eligibility Program Specialists.
- Performs duties of an Eligibility Program Specialist or Clerk during absence, vacancy or special workload periods.
- Maintains an alternating work schedule that assures full management coverage during all operational hours of Eligibility Department.
- Reports, tracks, and coordinates unit automation problems with the CCS Network Manager.
- Compiles reports as requested by immediate supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Interprets, role models, and enables the YWCA’s mission, hallmark programs, leadership core values, and racial justice core values to employees and the public.
- Follows all YWCA policies and procedures, including safety procedures, at all times
- All employees are responsible for maintaining a safe workplace environment. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, reading and following the YWCA’s safety policies, safety programs, emergency preparedness, and general safety procedures. Employees are also responsible for immediately reporting any safety violations of the facility, employees, participants and/or third parties, to their supervisor and the Safety Manager.
- Communicates with all levels of staff and public as appropriate to the job.
- Conducts and attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Responsible for all equipment, supplies, documents and materials related to job.
- Communicates all problems and questions to supervisor.
- Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assures proper storage of all records.
- May perform duties of assigned staff as needed; and performs other duties as required by supervisor.
- Associates Degree in human services or related field required.
- Four (4) years experience as an Eligibility Program Specialist may be substituted for the above educational requirement.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the human services field required; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prior related supervisory or lead experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to interact at all levels.
- Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred.
- Ability to employ tact and diplomacy along with comprehensive subject matter expertise in working with parents, staff and representatives of other agencies.
- Must be well organized and be able to handle multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work under pressure with constant interruptions.
- Must have initiative and work independently and autonomously when required.
- Must be able to make sound judgments, have excellent decision making skills, and possess strong conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to operate personal computer and have basic knowledge and skills in MS Office software.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance