Pay Rate: Hourly $12/hr.
West El Paso Afterschool Programs
40hrs. Mon –Fri 9:30am-6:30pm occasional evening and weekends
Under direct supervision, assists in overseeing school age programs, operations, and staff of one or more assigned sites for children over four (4) years of age. Performs duties of school age staff.
Must meet TDPRS minimum standard director qualifications which includes graduation from high school or equivalent, plus one of the following:
- Associate applied sciences degree in child development, or related degree with six (6) college credit hours in child development and six (6) college credit hours in business management and two (2) years experience in a licensed childcare facility; or
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential with six (6) college credit hours in business management and two (2) years experience in a licensed childcare facility; or
- Sixty (60) college credit hours with at least nine (9) credit hours in child development or early childhood education, or the equivalent and six (6) credit hours in business management and two (2) years experience in a licensed childcare facility; or
- A day care administrator’s credential issued by professional organization or educational institution that is recognized by the Licensing Division based on published criteria and two (2) years of experience in a licensed childcare facility; or
- Three (3) years experience in a licensed childcare facility and nine (9) credit hours in childcare, child development or early childhood education and nine (9) credit hours in business management from an accredited college or university. Five (5) continuing education units (CEUs) may be substituted for each three (3) credit hours; or
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with twelve (12) credit hours of child development or early childhood education, six (6) credit hours of business management and one (1) year of experience in a licensed childcare facility.
Two years of related childcare experience required. Previous supervisory experience required; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must be at least 18 years of age. Love of children, patience, stamina and flexibility required. Must be able to work other than regular scheduled hours. Must be able to establish and maintain a positive community image. Must be able to cope with emergencies, adept at mediating/resolving disputes and problem-solving. Must be a self-starter, have creative energy, and be enthusiastic. Must be well organized and be able to handle multiple priorities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as listening skills, required. Excellent interpersonal skills required, with ability to interact at all levels. Must be able to work under pressure with constant interruptions. Must be able to work independently and autonomously as required. Must be able to make sound judgments, have excellent decision making skills, and possess strong conflict resolution skills. Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred. Must be familiar with operation of personal computer and data entry. Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance. Must acquire CPR, First Aid, DFPS background check, FBI fingerprint and food handling certifications prior to start of employment. Must maintain these certifications throughout employment. If you have lived out of state in the past five years you are required to submit for criminal history and child abuse/neglect check for the different states you have resided in. Must supply physician statement of current negative TB test and freedom from communicable diseases.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision