Under direct supervision, reviews, evaluates and recommends correction and/or improvement of internal, operational and management control systems relating to asset management.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Coordinates activities including, but not limited to, cash receipting, program registration, miscellaneous cash items, member management software posting, accounts receivable, bank balances and bank reconciliation.
- Monitors member management cash receipting module. Ensures system is reconciled and balanced before posting. Audits daily shift totals for over 80 users. Investigates and processes refund requests, void transactions, NSF activities, credit card entries, and out of balance cash positions.
- Reconciles all agency over/short accounts for all cash receipting.
- Coordinates Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) application modules for bank account and credit card reoccurring billings and assures compliance with customer authorizations on EFT drafting.
- Reconciles agency bank accounts.
- Documents bank reconciliation and compliance accounting procedures including cash receipting controls and duties.
- Prepares and issues required financial statement detail, analyzes and reconciles accounts through journal entries.
- Prepares and reviews closing and adjusting journal entries.
- Assists with daily receipting as needed.
- Prepares weekly revenue reports for management if needed.
- Responsible for inputting the additions and deletions of assets in the fixed asset system.
- High School graduate or equivalent required; Associates Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- One (1) year experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or related clerical work is preferred.
- Working knowledge of accounting and auditing principles and practices is preferred
- Must have working knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, methods and equipment.
- Must be proficient in use of PC and MS Office including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to process numerical detail work accurately.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to interact with people at all levels, as well as to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group training sessions.
- Requires initiative, judgment, and the ability to work under pressure with constant interruptions.
- Must have access to a vehicle with required liability insurance and valid driver’s license.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision