LIFT Adult Education Instructor
Pay Rate: Hourly $13.75/hr.
Under direction from the Workforce Development Director, Learn Invest Focus and Train (LIFT) Adult Education Instructor will provide instruction in the following: math, language arts, computer literacy, employment skills building, financial literacy and vocational instruction in Customer Service & Sales. Instructors increase educational levels and employment skills to individuals in the community including vulnerable learners. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
- Associates degree in Education, Business or related field. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred.
- Four (4) years’ experience in related field or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skill.
- Good MS Office computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiating skills required.
- Experience working with adult learners.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
- Able to work with low-income, multi-ethnic, and /or justice involved clientele.
- Ability to be objective but caring when dealing with problems of others.
- Ability to work well with people and inspire confidence and trust.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations accurately.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision