Under direct supervision, performs a variety of bookkeeping, banking, and accounting tasks in the preparation and maintenance of diversified accounts and financial records, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Performs computer input in accounts payable software.
- Reconciles A/P reports and related expense accounts to the general ledger.
- Ensures that invoices are paid in a timely manner and according to the Agency policies and procedures.
- Audits requisitions, purchase orders, invoices and contract invoices for accuracy and make sure all supporting documents are in compliance with Agency policies and procedures.
- Posts detail and audits distribution.
- Receives and/or disburses funds related to the assigned area of responsibility.
- Maintains cost records, allocating expenditures to accounts in accordance with established procedures.
- Obtains W-9s from new vendors and files existing W-9s.
- Maintains various spreadsheets and data bases as required.
- High School graduate or equivalent required; Associates Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in information systems, accounting, bookkeeping, or related clerical work involving advanced recordkeeping (directly related business school or college courses may be substituted equally for up to two (2) years experience); or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of bookkeeping theories and practices and accepted office procedures required.
- Some knowledge of intermediate accounting procedures required.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and excel, word, and access MS software applications required.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations with reasonable speed and accuracy with and without mechanical assistance required.
- Ability to prepare financial and other records of moderate complexity in a neat, legible manner required.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions and technical or legal terminology required.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers.
- Good telephone, writing, and conversational skills required.
- Requires initiative, judgment, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Access to a vehicle with required liability insurance and valid driver’s license.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision