Under direct supervision, and with the assistance of a lead Accounting Clerk, prepares monthly billings and performs primary accounting duties of department.
* Enters claims and reconciles unit count as assigned.
* Prepares and enters journal entries as assigned.
* Monitors assigned automated files for correct financial information.
* Performs data entry for URGWDB child care claims.
* Receives and balances child care attendance from vendors.
* Researches and documents corrections in provider payroll and billing, with assistance of lead Accounting clerk.
* Maintains finance filing system, as assigned.
* Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
* Interprets YWCA purpose, imperative and mission to staff and public.
* Follows all YWCA policies and procedures, including safety procedures, at all times.
* Responsible for all equipment, supplies, documents and materials related to job.
* Communicates all problems and questions to supervisor.
* Complies with all federal, state, and local regulations.
* Communicates with all levels of staff and public as appropriate to the job.
High School graduate or equivalent required, with courses in bookkeeping and business math preferred.
One (1) year general office, clerical, or accounting experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Must have hands-on experience in data entry.