Under general management, coordinates accounting aspects of grant and contract accounting for any YWCA programs and new initiatives related to expenditure activity, billing and collecting accounts receivable to ensure conformity to federal, state, local, or private rules, regulations or contract commitments. Prepares and reviews payroll.
Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Prepares and monitors budgets, financial statements and operating data. Prepares and reviews billings and expenditures; and reviews, interprets and reports on actual performance compared to budget monthly, recommending corrective action to alleviate variances.
- Communicates deadlines and receives billing documents for monthly contract and grant accounting activity to ensure compliance with Agency monthly and annual closing schedule.
- Ensures accurate billings of all reimbursable contracts and proper recognition of revenue.
- Ensures proper and accurate recognition of revenue for advanced grants and restricted donations and reconciliation of all deferred revenue accounts and restricted revenues.
- Evaluates monthly progress of contract and grant activity to ensure expenditures and program accomplishments are in accordance with award stipulations reviewing variances with the Contracts and Compliance Officer and CFO.
- Maintains and reconciles all aged accounts receivable listings and directs collection efforts.
- Reconciles all receivables and revenue accounts related to grants and program related contributions to ensure proper receipting of cash to the proper accounts.
- Reconciles other general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Stay current on any new contracts and grants and internal and external monitoring reports that impact the grants financially.
- Maintains and reconciles the Schedule of Federal Expenditures (SFE) for the Agency and Child Care Services. Reconciles the SFE monthly to the general ledger and coordinates review with external auditors.
- Prepares United Way Program and Agency budget forms for application and reporting process.
- Becomes familiar with requirements of grants and contracts, as well as operating department procedures and policies related to grants and contracts.
- Prepares federal and state grant reimbursement requests for electronic/telephone submittals.
- Audits financial records of agency programs in a scheduled manner.
- Generate reports of findings and present to the CFO and follow up on corrective action.
- Prepares and reviews payroll.
- Reviews and files all annual census report and other information required by management or law.
- Performs other accounting related projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and listening skills required, with ability to interact at all levels.
- Must be highly organized, able to handle multiple priorities, and able to work independently and autonomously as needed.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure with interruptions.
- Must possess creative energy, be a self-starter, require minimal supervision, and be able to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Hands-on personal computer skills required, including experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish a plus.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess valid driver’s license and sufficient liability insurance.
YWCA Membership and Program Discounts
Basic Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, and Vision