General Maintenance $14/hr
Transitional Living Center
40hrs. M-F 8am-5pm
Under occasional executive direction is responsible for facilities, grounds, and maintenance of the YWCA Rapid Rehousing (RRH) Apartments. Assists in schedules and construction of facility improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance in the workplace is an essential function of this position.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Performs maintenance of projects to maintain RRH Apartments and equipment in working condition to minimize down time and RRH participant complaints.
- Monitors to assure that facilities and grounds of the RRH Apartments are maintained in above average condition.
- Prioritizes requests, schedules projects, and maintains database history for major repairs to the RRH Apartments equipment and systems.
- Complete maintenance work orders for the RRH Apartments on a timely basis by following YWCA standard operating procedures.
- Performs repair or general maintenance work the RRH Apartments including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, sheet rock repair, painting tasks, etc.
- Coordinates and monitors all construction or renovation projects and installation of the RRH Apartments equipment purchases.
- Responsible for ordering equipment, maintenance supplies and materials pertinent to the RRH Apartments. Responsible for maintaining a backup supply inventory in the garage of adjacent building, pertinent to the RRH Apartments.
- Maintains all plans, specifications and warranty files for all facilities and major equipment by working hand-in-hand with Operations Supervisor of the RRH Apartments.
- Works directly with the Safety Coordinator to bring RRH Apartments in compliance with OSHA, ADA, City/County Health Department, fire codes and all regulations connected with facilities including transportation.
- Uses Maintenance Administrator’s recommendations of vendor selection in accordance with purchasing policies and procedures, analyzes quality, cost, service, specifications and other factors.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment for the RRH Apartments.
- Exercising discretion to identify projects that need higher skilled crafts individual’s services.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, etc. items connected to the RRH Apartments.
- Perform duties of the company’s preventative maintenance program.
- Provides detailed reports of findings and appropriate scope of work to both Maintenance Administrator and Operations Supervisor of the RRH Apartments.
- Report major repair needs to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Maintenance Administrator
- Communicates with all levels of staff and public as appropriate to the job.
- Be entrusted with the use of a company major credit card to make RRH Apartment related purchases, cleared with the Maintenance Administrator.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Technical School Certification or degreed in a related field preferred.
Minimum 1 years’ experience in facilities maintenance and building operations required.
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing, painting, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills
- Knowledge of refrigerated air systems, helpful
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required with good listening ability.
- Must be able to work effectively with sales representatives and suppliers.
- Must be highly organized, and flexible, with the ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy environment.
- Must have analytical ability and be detailed oriented.
- Must possess creative energy, be a self-starter, require minimal direction, and be able to work individually and as a member of a team.
- Hands-on PC skills required, including experience working MS Word and Excel software. Prior knowledge of maintenance tracking software a plus.
- Bilingual capabilities in English/Spanish preferred.
- Must provide personal vehicle with required liability insurance and a valid driver’s license.