LIFT Career Coach $13/hr
Joyce Jaynes Branch
40hrs Mon –Fri
Under direction from the Director of Workforce Development, the Learn Invest Focus and Train (LIFT) Career Coach will provide instruction in the following: Computer literacy, financial literacy, job readiness and vocational instruction in Customer Service & Sales. The Career coach is to increase the employment skills of current students and previous graduates of LIFT. This position is grant funded. Continuation of position is contingent upon the availability of grant funds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance in the workplace is an essential function of this position.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Career coach will conduct a needs assessment to determine the student’s barriers, will provide supportive services through YWCA services or refer student to outside agencies.
- Responsible for student’s intake, file maintenance and documentation of student information
- Career coach will assist students with developing, evaluating and implementing plans to obtain and retain employment and/or higher education
- Career coach will create partnerships with El Paso employers, to promote LIFT graduates for potential job openings.
- Will create a database of employers that have been outreached and that have agreed to partner with the YWCA – LIFT program.
- Career coach will follow-up with all LIFT graduates 30, 60, 90days to a year after graduation to track employment wages or to offer ongoing supportive services, and job referrals.
- Assist students connect with open job positions with an end result of employment. Additionally, connect students to opportunities for additional training and development in order to increase opportunities for employment
- Provide career coaching and job readiness refresher classes to other YWCA program participants.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of market, research tools, and industry/sector trends to guide students to appropriate placement or education.
- Career coach will partner with local businesses to recruit the best applicants for their jobs by screening and assessing the LIFT students for technical and soft skills to determine suitability and fit.
- Provide valued and timely service to both students and employers, able to use time well in order to ensure all tasks are met.
- Proactive in working with the Director to stay on track with funder outcomes and to keep the lesson plans relevant and current with the industry sector needs.
- Facilitates multiple LIFT classes, able to substitute for LIFT Instructors, and participate in additional sessions as needed.
- Complete administrative duties outside of the classroom to include updating lesson plans, maintaining student files, outreach potential employers, outreach for future LIFT classes, etc.
- Other necessary duties as needed.
Associates degree in Education, Business or related field. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred.
Four (4) years of experience in related field or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skill.
- Excellent MS office computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiating skills required.
- Experience working with adult learners including vulnerable learners.
- Ability to work well with people and inspire confidence and trust.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculation accurately.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and interruptions and under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Bilingual capabilities in English/ Spanish preferred.