Temporary until 8/31/2019
40hrs. Mon- Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Under general supervision, greets and interacts with the public including, visitors, staff, participants and other key stakeholders. Answers the agency’s main telephone, answers routine questions, and provides information and support services for the administrative offices of the YWCA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In addition to the requirements listed below, regular attendance in the workplace is an essential function of this position.
- Regular attendance at Employer’s place of business and/or during particular hours, as assigned, is an essential function of this position. Employee must comply with and follow YWCA’s attendance policy at all times, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and granted, as required by law.
- Greet all persons who enter the office carefully identifying their needs in a positive, professional and courteous manner, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Respond to inquiries from the public, and provide information about the organization.
- Performs basic clerical tasks and administrative support to assist the Capital Campaign office, Human Resources Services, Health & Wellness Department, and other administrative staff with general office work such as filing, data entry, and Internet research tasks.
- Maintains confidentially of all agency records, and ensures accuracy when entering data.
- Maintain excellent customer service by handling questions and concerns promptly and professionally. Demonstrate inquiry and research skills to troubleshoot customer problems.
- Manage the front lobby and ensure proper decorum.
- Presents a tidy and professional appearance.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Assists ELA department by contacting families for weekly payments, CCS missed scans, quality control, payment capturing, and other duties needed for the department.
High School graduate or equivalent required.
One (1) year customer service experience; or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills with ability to relate to all types of individuals at all levels in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer care and a high level of enthusiasm are essential.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
- Ability to interact with members promptly and courteously required.
- Working knowledge of PC and MS Office software required.
- Must have working knowledge of common office practice and procedures.
- Must be able to perform basic math computations.
- Must be able to maintain high standards of confidentiality.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must display positive attitude and composure.
- Must wear appropriate clothing and attire consistent with position for a professional appearance.
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple priorities and be able to work under pressure with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to work independently and autonomously.
- Must be able to make sound judgments.
- Must have access to vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license with adequate liability insurance.
- Must be fluent in English/Spanish.